- #: 220460
- Price: $0.99 In Apple Store
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 2010-01-04
- Current Version: 1.0
- Size: 0.10 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Rockhold Company, LLC
- Requirements: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Requires iOS 3.0 or later
- © 2010, The Rockhold Company, LLC
Add to Favorite apps
TransitScope displays the very-nearly-current location of every bus in the King County Metro and Sound Transit systems of the greater Seattle region. Although the location data published by Metro is not really precise enough to plan a trip this way,…..
Rated 2/5 based on 3 customer reviews.
Best Seattle Metro navigation app.
Jasch T. write:
This app wins the 'intuitive interface' contest hands-down when compared to the other Seattle Metro bus apps. I love the location-aware bus tracking and the direct links to the Metro website. A couple of things to request for the next release:
- On the route selection screen, some kind of visual cue that routes are still loading. I thought my route (65) was not included, until it finally popped up (just barely before I hit the home button to delete the app). I'll make allowances for loading but the route number should be shown somehow before the bus number data is completely loaded.
- On the 'routes' screen there should be a button at the bottom that toggles between all active routes and all known routes, even if there are no buses *currently* on them, i.e., with the next scheduled service listed.
The app is pleasant, easy to navigate, and all of its data is easily accessible. A win for Seattle residents! PLEASE keep this app alive and updating!
A good start but needs work.
Ron Geier write:
The bus routs that I'm interested in don't show up at all. Sound Transit 593, 594 and 590. It could be good but it is a waste of my .99. Sadly I bought it bacause the description said it included Sound Transit busses.
Missing the bus
Bought this thinking I could replace the web-app One-Bus-Away with something simpler to use. It is simple and easy to set up, but none of the buses I use ever show up on the map. Is it because I'm on the east side, using the busses north and south on 405, rather than right downtown Seattle? It is possible that King County Metro and Sound Transit don't have functioning GPS on every bus. Of course, they keep raising fares to pay for stuff. Or, maybe the database this app is connecting to doesn't maintain current time tables and routes. It is getting data from somewhere, because it takes a while to load all the bus routes. And, the Sound Transit bus I use never show on the list, so I can't select it. Sad, that. Anyway, maybe an update will resolve some of this. Maybe Metro and Sound Transit need to get their stuff together (like THAT will ever happen). Still, this app isn't worth the $.99 ... yet.
Write a Review
The information may be outdated. For actual information go to iTunes